SBI PO Notification 2023
The State Bank of India has released the much-awaited SBI PO Notification 2023, offering an excellent opportunity for aspiring candidates to join the banking and financial sector. This comprehensive guide provides essential details about SBI PO recruitment, including vacancy information, eligibility criteria, important dates, salary details, and the application process.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Vacancy Details:
Here are the key vacancy details for SBI PO Recruitment 2023:
Name of the Post: Probationary Officer (PO) Post Date: 06/09/2023 Total Vacancies: 2000 Location: Across India
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Category-wise Vacancies:
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 PwD Vacancies:
|Category||VI||HI||LD||d & e|
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Salary:
The salary details for SBI PO are as follows:
- Basic Pay: INR 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments)
- Pay Scale: 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840
- Applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the SBI PO post, candidates must meet the following age criteria as of April 1, 2023:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Essential Academic Qualifications (as on 31.12.2023):
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Candidates who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally, with the condition that, if called for an interview, they must provide proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2023.
- Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificates should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2023.
- Candidates possessing qualifications such as Medical, Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant, etc., would also be eligible to apply.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Age Relaxation:
Age relaxation is applicable as follows:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities (General/EWS): 10 years
- PwD (OBC): 13 years
- PwD (SC/ST): 15 years
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Selection Process:
The selection process for SBI PO consists of four stages:
- Online Preliminary Exam
- Online Mains Exam
- Psychometric Test
- Group Discussion & Interview
Please note that the examination will be bilingual (English and Hindi) with objective-type questions. Each wrong answer is penalized 0.25 marks, while unanswered questions do not result in negative marks.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Important Dates:
Mark your calendar with these essential dates for SBI PO Recruitment 2023:
- Start Date to Submit Online Application: September 7, 2023
- Last Date to Submit Online Application: September 27, 2023
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees: September 27, 2023
- Download Call Letters for Online Prelims Exam: 2nd week October 2023 Onwards
- Online Prelims Exam: November 2023
- Declaration of Prelims Exam Result: November or December 2023
- Download Call Letter for Online Mains Exam: November or December 2023
- Main Exam: December 2023 / January 2024
- Declaration of Main Exam Result: December 2023 or January 2024
- Phase-III: Psychometric Test / Call Letter: January / February 2024
- Interview and Group Exercises: January / February 2024
- Declaration of Final Result: February or March 2024
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Application Process:
Follow these steps to apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2023:
- Visit the SBI website at www.sbi.co.in.
- Click on “Careers” -> “Current Openings” -> “Apply Online.”
- Click on “Click for New Registration” and register using your active email ID and mobile number.
- Log in using your registration number and password.
- Fill in the application form with accurate details, as corrections are not allowed after submission.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph, signature, thumb impression, and handwritten declaration in the prescribed format.
- Submit the application and pay the fee online.
- Print the SBI PO Application Form for future reference.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Category Codes:
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Selection Procedure:
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks.
- Three sections with separate timings for each section:
Name of Test No. of Questions Marks Duration English Language 30 100 20 minutes Quantitative Aptitude 35 100 20 minutes Reasoning Ability 35 100 20 minutes
- Total marks: 100
- Duration: 1 hour
Selection criteria for Main Examination: Merit list based on aggregate marks in Preliminary Examination with no sectional cut-off. Approximately 10 times the vacancies will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Phase-II: Main Examination
- Main Examination consists of Objective Tests (200 marks) and a Descriptive Test (50 marks).
- Objective Test:
Name of the Test No. of Questions Max. Marks Duration Reasoning & Computer Aptitude 40 50 50 minutes Data Analysis & Interpretation 30 50 45 minutes General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness 50 60 45 minutes English Language 35 40 40 minutes
- Total marks for Objective Test: 200
- Descriptive Paper (English Language – Letter Writing & Essay): 50 marks
- Total marks for Main Examination: 250
Penalty for Wrong Answers: 1/4th of marks assigned to a question will be deducted as a penalty for wrong answers.
Selection criteria for Phase-III: Merit list based on aggregate marks in Phase-II (Main Exam) with no sectional cut-off. Approximately 3 times the category-wise vacancies will be shortlisted for Phase-III.
- Comprises of (i) Psychometric Test, (ii) GROUP EXERCISE, & (iii) INTERVIEW.
- Maximum Marks: 20 for Psychometric Test, 30 for GROUP EXERCISE, and 50 for INTERVIEW.
- Minimum qualifying marks as decided by the Bank.
- Candidates must qualify in both Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III to prepare the final merit list.
- Marks from the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added to the final merit list.
- Marks obtained in Phase-II (Main Exam) and Phase-III (Group Exercise & Interview) will be normalized to 100 marks.
Final Merit List: Selection will be made from the top merit-ranked candidates in each category.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Joining, Training, and Career Path:
- Selected candidates must complete a basic banking knowledge online course before joining.
- Candidates, upon joining, are required to execute a bond worth 2.00 Lacs to serve the Bank for a minimum of three years.
- The bond will be invoked if the candidate resigns before three years from the date of joining.
- Selected candidates will be designated as “Probationary Officers” and may be on probation for two years.
- Continuous assessment during the probation period is conducted as per the Bank’s policy.
- Those who qualify in the assessment will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank in Junior Management Grade Scale-I (JMGS-I).
- Failure to meet minimum standards may result in termination as per the Bank’s policy.
- The Bank offers career growth opportunities, including the possibility of postings abroad.
- The promotion policy allows meritorious officers to reach the Top Management Grade relatively quickly.
Application Fee and Intimation Charge (Non-Refundable):
- Application Fee: ₹750 for General/EWS/OBC candidates.
- Application Fee: ‘Nil’ for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- The application fee, once paid, will not be refunded or reserved for any other examination or selection.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Pre-Examination Training (PET):
- The Bank will arrange online Pre-Examination Training (PET) for SC/ST/OBC/Religious Minority Community candidates following Government guidelines.
- Eligible candidates who wish to avail of PET should indicate their choice in the online application.
- An indicative list of training centers is provided in Annexure-I, subject to possible additions or deletions.
- Candidates opting for PET must download their call letter from the Bank’s website using their registration number and password/date of birth; no hard copy will be sent.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Number of Chances:
- Maximum permissible number of chances based on category:
- General/EWS: 4 chances
- General (PwBD)/EWS (PwBD): 7 chances
- OBC: 7 chances
- OBC (PwBD): 7 chances
- SC/SC (PwBD)/ST/ST (PwBD): No restriction on the number of chances
- Candidates who have exhausted the maximum permissible chances are not eligible to apply.
- The count of chances began with the examination held on 18.04.2010.
- Appearing in the Preliminary Examination does not count as a chance.
- Appearing in the Main Examination counts as a chance.
- In years with only one written examination (no Preliminary Examination), appearing counts as a chance.
SBI PO Recruitment 2023 General Information:
Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system-generated online application form after submitting it.
Candidates should ensure their eligibility for the applied post. The Bank will determine eligibility at the time of the interview or later stages, based on the information provided in the online application.
Requests for changes or corrections in the application form, including category, once submitted, will not be entertained. Candidates should carefully fill out the online application with correct information.
Candidates are advised to apply online well in advance of the closing date to avoid potential issues like disconnection or website congestion on the last date.
SBI is not responsible for any difficulties in submitting applications on time due to reasons beyond its control.
Each candidate should submit only one application. Multiple applications will result in the retention of the last valid application, and fees paid for other registrations will be forfeited. Multiple appearances in the examination or interview will lead to the rejection of the candidature.
In case of any administrative issues during the examination, efforts will be made to resolve them, including conducting another examination if necessary.
Call letters for the Preliminary Exam will not be collected at the examination venue but will be checked, authenticated, and stamped by the exam center staff. Candidates must retain the call letter (along with an authenticated/stamped copy of ID proof).
Candidates called for the Main Exam must bring the authenticated “Original Preliminary Exam Call Letter,” “Main Exam Call Letter,” and other required documents as specified in the “Acquaint Yourself Booklet” and “Call Letter.”
Candidates serving in Government/Quasi-Government Offices, Public Sector Undertakings, including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions, should submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer during the interview. Failure to do so may result in the non-consideration of their candidature, and travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
Candidates selected must produce a proper discharge certificate from their employer when taking up the appointment.
Original documents regarding eligibility criteria and proof of date of birth must be produced for verification during the interview. Candidates who fail to produce original certificates will not be allowed to attend the interview.
SC/ST candidates must submit a caste certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India, if called for an interview.
Candidates are advised to keep their email ID and mobile connection active for receiving updates and notifications.
Candidates seeking reservation under OBC category must submit a declaration in the prescribed format stating that they do not belong to the Creamy Layer. OBC certificates containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued from 01.04.2023 to the date of the interview, should be submitted if called for an interview.
The benefit of reservation under the EWS category can be availed upon the production of an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority, based on gross annual income for the financial year 2022-23, as per the extant DoPT guidelines.
Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their declaration of medical fitness as required by the Bank.
Any legal proceedings related to claims or disputes arising from this advertisement can only be instituted in Mumbai, and Courts/Tribunals/Forums in Mumbai will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Outstation candidates called for an interview will be reimbursed Railway AC-III fare for the shortest route in India or actual expenses incurred (whichever is lower) from their place of residence/posting to the interview venue. Local transportation expenses will not be reimbursed. Ineligible candidates will not be reimbursed any fare.
The Bank reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at any stage.
During the interview, candidates will be required to provide details regarding any pending criminal cases against them. The Bank may also conduct independent verification, including police record checks. The Bank reserves the right to deny appointment based on such disclosures and/or independent verification.
The Bank reserves the right to conduct document verification at any stage, including during the Preliminary exam, Main Exam, Psychometric test, Group Exercise, Interview, Medical examination, or Joining.
Previous Year’s Vacancies
For reference, here are the category-wise vacancy details from previous years:
SBI PO Recruitment 2022
Total Vacancies: 1673
SBI PO Recruitment 2019
Total Vacancies: 2000
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
SBI PO Recruitment 2018
Total Vacancies: 2000
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
SBI PO Recruitment 2017
Total Vacancies: 2313
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
Nationality or Citizenship
To apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2023 , candidates must be one of the following:
- A Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee residing in India since before January 1, 1962
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from certain countries with a government-issued eligibility certificate
Don’t miss this opportunity to join the State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer. Make sure to check the official SBI PO Notification 2023 PDF and visit the SBI PO official website for detailed information and an online application.
CHECK THIS ALSO: upsc-engineering-service-exam-2024
Q1: What is the SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
The SBI PO Notification 2023 is an official announcement by the State Bank of India regarding the recrutment of Probationary Officers (PO) for the year 2023. It provides details about the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, application process, exam dates, and other important information for candidates interested in applying for these positions.
Q2: How many vacancies are available for SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
There are a total of 2,000 vacancies available for the SBI PO 2023 recruitment. These vacancies are distributed across different categories.
Q3: What is the age limit to apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2023
To be eligible for SBI PO 2023, candidates should be between 21 and 30 years of age as of 01/04/2023. Age relaxation is applicable for certain categories.
Q4: What is the selection process for SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
The selection process for SBI PO consists of four stages:
Online Preliminary Exam
Online Mains Exam
Group Discussion & Interview
Candidates must pass each stage to progress to the next one.
Q5: What is the salary for an SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
The basic pay for an SBI PO is INR 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840, which is applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
Q6: How can I apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
To apply for SBI PO 2023, follow these steps:
Visit the SBI website at www.sbi.co.in.
Click on “Careers” -> “Current Openings” -> “Apply Online.”
Register using your active email ID and mobile number.
Log in with your registration number and password.
Fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee online.
Submit the application and take a printout for reference.
Q7: Is there any relaxation in the application fee?
Yes, there is a relaxation in the application fee for certain categories. SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempt from paying the application fee. General/EWS/OBC candidates are required to pay a fee of INR 750/-.
Q8: Can candidates from other countries apply for SBI PO Recruitment 2023?
Yes, candidates from specific countries (like Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, etc.) and those of Indian origin who meet certain criteria can apply for SBI PO. They must have the necessary eligibility and documentation.
Q9: When will the SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Preliminary Exam take place?
The Online Preliminary Exam for SBI PO 2023 is scheduled to take place in November 2023.
Q10: Where can I find the official SBI PO Recruitment 2023 and apply online?
You can find the official SBI PO Notification 2023 and apply online on the SBI official website at www.sbi.co.in.